As parents, you want to give your child the right mobile phone which makes you easily reach them. Giving them the right mobile phone is like saying that you will always be there for them and that you are just a text or a call away.
Characteristics of a child-friendly mobile phone
To help you quickly decide on what kind of mobile phone to give to your child, here is a list of what to look for:
1. User-friendly – Have you ever remembered how easy it was to use Nokia 3210? The simple scroll up and scroll down buttons and the large icons that occupies the whole screen? Mobiles for kids should be simple and the icons should be large and easily identified, especially for the preschoolers when they are not yet expert readers. They rely mostly on pictures.
2. Size wise – See to it that your child has no difficulty grabbing the phone and that he comfortably hold it while texting or calling.
3. Right price – Most kids are careless with their things. They often forgot what they have on hand when distractions come. So, you do not have to buy them expensive mobile phones.
4. Screening capability – You have to make sure that the cellular phone has software that can screen unfavorable websites.
5. Capture the moment – Kids like to take pictures. This is a kind of learning where they develop how to look at things from different angles.
6. Prepaid – Kids can be forgetful of the bills their parents have to pay for their cell phone usage. Having a prepaid mode of loading or something that gives an alert to them that their usage has gotten too much for a day is advisable.
Recommended mobile phones for kids
Kids develop at different speeds. These mobile phones are just suggestions which can be appropriate for their age in general. Here is the list of mobile for kids:
1. Nokia 100. This is for younger kids who are not yet exposed to sophisticated mobile phones. This gives them the basic services in colorful picture. The mobile phone itself is also very colorful.
2. Nokia Asha 201. This has a Facebook icon, a couple of games, Music player and a camera to make him capture important events of his life.
3. LG Optimus 3. This is a handy mobile phone which has the sophisticated features of the tablet. Wi-Fi connectivity is available where your kid can download a lot of apps. You just have to install screening software so that he cannot access the wrong sites.
Whenever your kid goes, you can easily access him if he got a mobile phone of his own. Texting and calling are part of their generation. Just monitor closely and install the necessary software to keep them from danger.